Tuesday 8 January 2013

Swapping Glaswegian puddles for Namibian deserts



Heard back from my desk officer and representative yesterday, and I'm delighted to be able to say that Caitlin and I will be going to Nowak Primary School in Tses, southern Namibia. It is a school of about 500 pupils aged between 6 and 16, just over an hour north of Keetmanshoop. We will be the first PT volunteers at the project, but there are apparently also some German volunteers there at the moment, which will be very helpful and it will be nice to have extra company. As with Rwanda, we will be teaching English to the students, but their application has also requested that we have a look at teaching staff and other members of the community.  There's also a request for us to work with extra-curricular activities for the students, so I'm really looking forward to the opportunities that that will undoubtedly bring. No idea how I'll manage the 37-degree heat (sunburn and I are old friends), but with a project like this in a country that boasts views like these, I haven't a complaint in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment