Tuesday 10 April 2012

These boots were made for walking

Despite the apparent wonders of modern technology, this is the first time in 4 days I have managed to find Internet signal. My family and I are currently walking the West Highland Way to raise money for Project Trust and my project in Rwanda. We're over half way at about 95km, and I would be lying if I said that the whole journey has been a disaster. Day 1's walk to Drymen was perfectly manageable, and Day 2's trek to Rowardennan was pleasant enough. What should have been a reasonable distance yesterday to Inverarnan was somewhat disrupted by the disastrous combination of dreadful terrain and the Scottish weather, but today's 30km walk in a variety of weather has been made significantly better by the purchase of waterproof socks! We all have stiff legs and struggle to walk normally after dinner every night. The lesson there is simply to stay sitting in the pub!  

No comments:

Post a Comment